Inside: Finals care package? Why the start of a new semester is the best time to start thinking about how you will treat your hard-working student during the end of semester finals.
Your college student has packed up and gone back to school.
Your house is quiet again, you’re almost back to your empty nest normal and your college kid is back on campus.
Creating a finals care package may be the last thing on your mind right now. But it can be a perfect time to plan ahead and make plans for the end of the semester.
This post contains affiliate links. When you click them and then make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you, which helps me keep this blog up and running.
Why Send A Finals Care Package?
Your child made it through first semester finals, hung out with you when they were back home for the long holiday break, and now they’re back at school trying hard to adjust to school again after a long holiday.
Here are some great reasons that the second semester is the perfect time to send a care package:
- Returning from a long break at home may be more difficult than your student anticipated.
- The novelty of the new school year has worn off.
- For upperclassmen, the year has probably started dragging.
- If you have a senior, this is your last chance to send a care package.
- A package can break up the monotony of a schedule and brighten up a day!
I always send my care packages in USPS priority mail boxes. That way, you can stuff as much as you can into the box and ship it for one price without worrying about how heavy it is.
More Care Package Ideas
When my kids get sick, and they always do burning the candle at both ends all the time, I feel bad that I can’t be there to make them some soup and bring them an extra blanket. But, I do usually send them a sick care package, full of things they need to feel better even if I can’t be there.
Here are some easy ideas for making great finals care packages
- Any kind of homemade cookies, brownies, etc.
- Cold medicine, vitamin C, hand sanitizer to fight off all those germs
- A stress relieving coloring book and pencils
- Gift card to local coffee shop to warm up with a hot drink or cool off with an iced one.
- Lip balm to fight chapped lips in cold climates
- A new toothbrush, because germs
- A sweet note or card telling them how proud you are of them
- A cozy pair of new socks to wear while studying
- A board game like Settlers of Catan or Codenames or to help them decompress with friends.
The best thing about a finals care package is that you can personalize them to make them perfect for your student.
For more ideas, check out this printable college care package list.
What is your favorite thing to send your student?