Inside: Remember how much fun you had when you first met? It can be that way again. Take a look at these fun date night ideas for married couples. Plus, a bonus download of great date ideas to get you started.
(This post may contain affiliate links. My full disclosure policy is sort of boring, but you can find it here.)
Remember how much fun you had when you were first married?
You couldn’t wait to spend time together! It didn’t matter if it was a big date or a quiet afternoon. Just being together made your heart race a bit faster.
But then time marches on. Enter jobs, babies, kids, teenagers. It’s not surprising that sometimes we forget how much we enjoyed each other’s company.
Now that our kids are older and don’t need us all the time, it can be hard to know how to reconnect with your partner. I mean, we’re still SO busy, right?
In all of that craziness of raising kids and life in general, date nights easily fall by the wayside.
Why Date Nights are Important
Don’t think of date night as a luxury. Think of it as an essential if you care about your relationship.
While candlelight dinners, roses, and roving violin players can be amazing, date night doesn’t have to be a grand event either.
You just need to carve out the time to focus on each other. This sends a message to yourselves and everyone else in your life that you value your relationship and are willing to spend the time to grow it.
Fun Date Night Ideas for Married Couples
- Binge watch your favorite show with popcorn and wine
- Go for a drive with no destination in mind
- Go to the park and swing on the swings
- Pull out an old album and reminisce
- Get ice cream
- Play a round of board games for two
- Wander through an antique store
- $20 challenge – go out but only spend $20
- Go downtown, people watch and tell stories about what you see
- Give back – volunteer at a shelter, soup kitchen, help a local senior, canvas for a local candidate
- Download my big list of fun & affordable date night ideas
It’s worth it
Consciously working on your marriage is like making little deposits in a savings account. Someday down the road, you’re going to have a heap of money. And someday down the road, you’re going to find that you have built a strong relationship because of the little efforts you’ve put in over time.
Liking and loving the person you married all those years ago is a huge blessing in life.